Smithbucklin is deeply committed to the health, well-being and professional growth of our employees. Our comprehensive and competitive benefits are designed to address both your current and changing needs. We enable professional development while at work, and a sense of security so you can enjoy your life away from work.
Health and Wellness Benefits Provide Comprehensive Care
Our benefits are structured to provide peace of mind, including:
- Medical insurance
- Prescription program
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Coverage for domestic partners
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life insurance, including accidental death and dismemberment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical care and dependent care
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Fitness center membership (Chicago) and discount (Washington, D.C.)
- Wellness education programs
Be a Part of Our Future through Employee Ownership
Smithbucklin is a 100% employee-owned company, meaning every employee contributes significantly to our future. Smithbucklin’s success means financial well-being for our employees. We enable personal financial growth and stability through retirement savings plans:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) plan with a company match
Build New Skills with Professional Development Opportunities
Smithbucklin encourages professional growth and purposeful work in all we do. That includes offering a variety of programs designed to contribute to job performance and satisfaction, including:
- Smithbucklin Learning Center – Our training and professional development platform helps employees build and extend their professional, technical and managerial skills.
- People Manager Effectiveness – This cohort-based, multi-session program provides people managers—regardless of their tenure or experience—with the language, tools and structure to become more effective at coaching, developing, and managing their direct and indirect reports.
- Smithbucklin 101 – Our series of 90-minute “101” workshops is intended to introduce employees to the association management industry and to Smithbucklin’s unique service capabilities.
- STAR (Sharing Tips And Resources) – STAR is an employee-managed educational forum that supports those who aspire to expand their knowledge and build career paths within the association management industry.
- Leadership Opportunities – Employees are encouraged to build and enrich their leadership skills by contributing their talents to our internal committees such as Smithbucklin inCouncil, STAR, Corporate Social Responsibility, and more.
Additional Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) program
- Eight paid observed holidays per year inclusive of one additional ‘floating’ day taken at the employee’s choice
- Parental leave program, including paid leave, staggered return to work, and free breastmilk shipping
- Pre-tax commuter/transit program
- Student loan refinancing
- Pet insurance
- Voluntary life insurance program
- Time-Out For Service program (one day per year of paid time off to perform community service or volunteer work)
- Variety of employee discount programs on items such as cellphone plans, entertainment, travel, fitness center memberships, etc.